Friday, July 10, 2015

A Little Maritime Inspo to Get you Excited for Summer!



It's a summer scorcher in Miami but that doesn't mean I can't power through the sizzling heat in style! I couldn't have done it without the help of this fabulous nautical one piece from Seraphine Maternity (www.seraphinematernity.com)!

I had the pleasure of collaborating with the budget-friendly and on-trend maternity line for my latest post and I love what they have to offer. The brand boasts all different price points and offers everything from bathing suits to evening wear! And better yet, they cater to all styles- so if you're a momma-to-be whose style tends to be a little more casual and laid back, you can pick from a selection of comfortable maxi dresses, cargo shorts, and soft, cozy sweaters. If you're a momma who is on-the-go, who jumps from business meetings to late-night dinners, Seraphine's got you covered with their sleek and tailored blazers, skinny trousers, and stylish wrap dresses! You can create a must-have maternity closet with ten items from their site. 




One of the things that can become a bit challenging as you near the end of pregnancy is finding the right bathing suit that not only can accommodate your growing belly (and in my case, boobs) but is also comfortable. Yes, there are a few pre-pregnancy bikinis I can still sport; but, as my tatas get bigger, there is little to no room for them in my bikini tops or even one pieces- so finding that perfect suit becomes a need! 

I am a sucker for stripes and/or for anything nautical-themed, and when I saw this one piece on Seraphine's site (http://www.seraphine.com/us/nautical-striped-maternity-swimsuit.html), I knew that I needed to add it to my preggo stash! It's very St. Tropez. It makes me feel like I belong on a yacht on the 'Lifestyles of the (very pregnant), Rich and Famous.' It delivers comfort, style, and a beautiful silhouette, thanks to extra rouching on the sides and the most divine sweetheart neckline! 



This maritime inspired one piece needed to be photographed in a vibrant and retro background like the new Thompson Miami Beach (http://www.thompsonhotels.com/hotels/thompson-miami-beach), which happens to be one of my favorite hotels. Everything from the mid-century decor to the family-friendly pool and bright cabanas, makes this a stellar little getaway in the Magic City. My talented photographer, Raquel (www.raquelzaldivar.com), did such an amazing job of making the suit pop against the colorful outdoor elements. 

I always admire those women who can get all decked out in heels, makeup, and those glorious caftans when going to the pool or to the beach. As much as I would like to think I would do that, it never happens because it's just not me and it's a lot of work! I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to getting pool ready. It always involves a great suit, a hat, some sort of bun, and lots of chapstick! Except maybe for this shoot where I strapped on a pair of wedges and newly minted hair and makeup by Glam Squad (www.glamsquad.com) like I was a Real Housewife of Something. I accessorized with a pair of cat eye glasses and teardrop turquoise earrings! 

Like I said, this Seraphine Maternity suit requires a yacht! It's my go-to swimsuit for the rest of the summer season (and my pregnancy). And if you need me, I'll be by the pool! 




On Me: 

Swimsuit- Seraphine Maternity
Wedges- Payless 
Sunnies- Pixie Market
Earrings- J. Crew 
Hair and Makeup- Glam Squad

In Style, 

Kat 


No comments :

Post a Comment